Data Center Infrastructure, Monitoring and Management Software
Visio and Excel have been useful tools for data center professionals, holding inventory lists, floor plans, and other essential information. There is a certain level of comfort associated with these familiar, ubiquitous tools, and they have served honorably for many years.
But as a data center becomes more complex, more power intensive, and more dynamic; the same professionals may find that spreadsheets fall short as enterprise planning tools. To optimize power, cooling, and real estate, the intricate data center system requires equally intricate, scalable management software.
42U sells and supports some of the premier data center management software platforms available today, including infrastructure, environmental and power-specific software packages.
Change is inevitable. Infrastructure management is an asset to any continually changing data center enterprise.
- Data Center Visualization: Modeling tools to build a living, breathing floor plan including air conditioners, UPS systems, power distribution, racks, and the IT devices housed within them
- Data Center Capacity Planning: Aggregate power consumption calculation lets you know when rack circuits are approaching their maximum capacities
- Asset Management: Track IT asset financial data (i.e. purchase date, cost center) and physical data (i.e. rack location) with ease
- Remote Management: Manage distributed data centers independent of geography
For those relying on spreadsheets and Visio floor plans, infrastructure management software can make your operations decidedly more simple and efficient, saving time, effort, and money. With these solutions, you can take action with confidence and truly do more with less.
Top DCIM software Solutions
Tired of remembering ten different usernames and passwords to access your server management products? Server Management software such as Avocent's DSView may provide the solution.
- Enhanced Security: Authenticate users at a single point of entry, consolidated audit logs, data encryption at all levels
- Unified Access & Control : Access virtual and physical IT assets (KVMs, console servers, intelligent PDUs, virtual appliances, etc.) through one interface with a single IP address
- Centralized Management: Manage devices on diverse platforms, in multiple locations from anywhere at anytime
Server management software allows for secure centralized access and management of distributed IT assets with a single click. This greatly simplifies server management reducing costs and frustrations.
Top Server Management software Solutions
42U's selection of environmental measurement software includes real-time monitoring, providing unprecedented visibility into what's actually happening in the data center:
- Automated data collection: Nonintrusive wireless sensor network continually collects and aggregates data
- Real-time imaging: Temperature, humidity and pressure maps throughout the facility
- Configurable views: Drill-down to the CRAC, Row, and Rack levels to make informed decisions
Real-time visibility takes the guesswork out of moves, adds, and changes. Data center managers are empowered to take corrective actions like changing temperature setpoints or shutting off excess air conditioners. The efficiency gains (and cost savings) are ongoing.
Top Data Center Monitoring Software
Power is a critical, expensive resource. Power Management software allows data center professionals to optimize their power utilization.
- Power Trending: Trace consumption patterns globally (an entire data center ) and locally (a specific rack)
- Reporting: Generate custom reports to inform internal departments or customers of power consumption
- Capacity Planning: Monitor and measure key power data to plan for moves, adds, and changes
- Efficiency Metrics: Collect data to calculate PUE and DCiE metrics
Utilizing power more efficiently has a direct impact on your bottom line. Using it more effectively has a direct impact on availability. This software provides the best of both worlds.
The 42U Advantage
It is important to get the right software the first time around. There are many choices, and each software package is multifaceted and unique. Your 42U sales engineer will present your options and recommend the best solution for your environment.
55,000+ Client Companies Have Chosen 42U
There’s a reason we're the #1 choice of so many IT professionals.
Questions? Call us.
Call in and speak with one of our knowledgeable solutions engineers who will answer any questions you might have.
Request an Evaluation
One of our data center solutions specialists will work together with you to find the optimal solution for your system.